Re: Advice on Carbs (follow-up)

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Advice on Carbs (follow-up)
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:44:31 -0400
Dwayne,

You only need to plug the vacuum leak created by removing the hose from the
retard pot.  It can be a cap over the source vacuum fitting or a plug in the
hose. The retard pot does not need to be blocked off. Absent of vacuum, it
does nothing.

Peter
'68 TR250

on 9/17/02 8:18 PM, Dwayne Cooper at dcooper@paciolan.com wrote:

> A follow up question.  To disable the vacuum retard, should you blg the retard
> on the distributor or leave it open.  Does it matter and does it affect what
> and how you set the timing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dwayne Cooper

http://www.mossmotors.com/cgi-bin/db2www/mossmotors/MossUSA/Shop/ViewProduct