RE: The TR6 I *didn't* buy...

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The TR6 I *didn't* buy...
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:22:27 -0400
Vance:

Personal opinion, but I think it's hard to overpay for a completely
rust-free car.  Rust repair is very expensive, a pain in the butt and very
intrusive (Is a formerly rusty car ever really the same as when it was
made? That's a whole thread in itself).  I bought my 130K mile 69 TR6 in
Tulsa, OK and drove it back to Ohio in 1991.  Completely rust-free, but I
paid about 15-25% more than "book" value.  Of course, how much (high
quality) rust repair can you buy for $1,500-2,000 dollars?  In my mind, the
extra "rust-free" premium money and travel money I paid upfront was more
than paid back to me during the subsequent restoration.

William Whitmoyer
69 TR6
72 Fiat Spider
90 BMW iX