RE: The TR6 I *didn't* buy...

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: The TR6 I *didn't* buy...
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:21:31 -0700
After reading about these cars I feel really good.

My car was represented as "not having been driven (or run) for at least 5
years", and "what you see is what you get".  What I got was a small rust
hole in the lt. rear and some light rust damage in floor pans, battery,
and brake/clutch MC area (gotta love DOT3).  Destroyed carpet and vinyl,
bad roof, but good guages, windows and the engine even ran on the 5 year
old gas (that's another story, I had new gas and forgot to put it in the
tank).

I was able to verify that it hadn't been registered for at least 5 years
and the previous owner had never cleared the bank off of the title.  That
was the hardest part of getting the car, the bank thak loaned him the
money had been sold 4 times since he paid off the loan.

Of course now that it's painted and drivable none of these problems matter
anymore.

Steve Hanselman
1972 Saffron TR6
tr6@kc4sw.com