Re: The TR6 I *didn't* buy...

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The TR6 I *didn't* buy...
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:17:18 -0700
I spent 8 months looking for my TR6 after I decided that was the car I
wanted to buy.  I only drove two as I could screen out what I didn't want
over the phone pretty quickly, which I realize was lucky after reading these
stories.  One of the sellers was a young man who became quite angry with me
for asking too many questions, such as how much rust is there, and how well
does the gearbox work.  "Why don't you quite wasting my time and just look
at the car?" he said.   Of course, I didn't look at his car.

When I first saw my car, about one hour's drive from here, I was amazed at
how original it was.  The Pimento Red was so uniformly oxidized that it was
easy to see that there had never been any body work done to this car.  There
are very few door dings and just a few very small dings otherwise.  It took
a hell of a lot of rubbing compound and polish to get it to shine,
fortunately they put thick paint on this car when it was built.  Also, there
was no rust, anywhere.  How this could be, I don't know.  The car had about
79,000 miles on it with original black interior, original top in good shape
with brand new rear window, factory hardtop, chrome rollbar, the original
owner's manual and price sticker from 1973.  A lady owned it for it's first
twenty-five years and the man I bought it from owned it for one year.  All
of the documentation that came with the car jived with the story.  I'm so
happy with this car that I may never sell it.  I get a huge number of
compliments on it from all kinds of people, young and old.  I can't imagine
it going down my driveway, knowing I'd never see it again.