Re: rear sway bars

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear sway bars
From: webb@daikin-america.com
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:27:57 -0600
Joe,

As for rescources, do you have a local SCCA chapter? Ours offers a
"training" weekend at the start of the season, usually in March. It's only
about $25 and includes several hours of classroom theory, one day of track
training (slalom, figure eights, etc.) to learn the basics, then one day of
autocrossing.

It's very cheap and really fun. Our instructors were very good - some
regional SCCA champs. They also help you assess your car, tires, etc. and
provide helmets. The only thing you must do is make sure your car passes
tech inspection - no major suspension issues, no major leaks, etc.

They run autocross races about once per month and after the training you
can race anytime for about $ 25. You don't even have to join the club.

Even if you don't want to race, I highly recommend the class - you will
learn more about how your car handles than in several years of street
driving. It will also make you a safer driver because you will learn how to
react to your car near the limit.

Pat