Re: critiques of RWilliams book

To: jdavis344@bellsouth.net, LaJoMor@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: critiques of RWilliams book
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:36:13 EST
Having lived there I would say not less critical but perhaps more diplomatic
with their comments.  Ha Ha  I will also contribute that they are indeed
voracious readers of almost everything.  Not unusual to see people on the train
or
tube with 2, 3 and 4 newspapers, books, etc.  I have several of Roger's books
and I would agree that they promote many of the British suppliers/restorers
but it is of course easier for him to gather the information from them too.  I
do think however that we have some VERY good things for our cars on this side
of the pond (TSI, Good Parts, TRF, etc.) that could be gathered and put
together.  Someone like Dick Taylor or many of the other great and consistent
contributors to this list would have great value to add and do a commendable
job in
my humble opinion.  Any takers out there?

Cheers and Happy Holidays to all,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, Missouri