Critiques of RWilliams book

To: 6-Pack email list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Critiques of RWilliams book
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:51:01 -0500
Hi all,

I think the greatest fault with the criticisms of the William's book is
that we're all assuming that every reader of the book is an expert or
advanced mechanic. There are many newcomers to the mark all the time as
well as owners who have never seen some of the documented repairs
enhancements. I think for that reader the book offers a condensed
knowledge of what to do & where to start. Not everything is documented
on the list or every explanation covered by a picture. I had the
opportunity to glance over a copy in my local book store & I was not as
disappointed as some have expressed. This is by no means an all
encompassing explanation of Triumph up grades & repairs but there isn't
much to compare it to . I'm not completely happy with my Bentley or
Hanes books either, considering they are purpose specific books, I think
they fall short.

Until a better book is published I think it has some useful information.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.