Re: RE: Does 0.120" really get 9.5:1 compression?

To: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: RE: Does 0.120" really get 9.5:1 compression?
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:52:22 -0500
OK! Uncle! :-)

Obviously real world experience holds more truth than the written word and
there is more to this than I knew existed.  And as I replied to Vance the head
gasket is certainly part of the equation, of which I failed to mention
originally.

Is this one of the areas that Kas's manual is outdated?  I would think that he
would have mentioned this if it had such value.

Out of curiosity, when you say "barely" about how much does that come out to?
I would never have guessed that a 10.7:1 CR can be produced mostly through
decking, even with .015" above flush pistons.

Humbled and still learning,
Greg