RE: Does 0.120" really get 9.5:1 compression?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Does 0.120" really get 9.5:1 compression?
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:56:57 -0800 (PST)
Due to the shape of the combustion chamber, you have to take more
material off the block in order to get the same comp ratio as taking a
lesser amount of material off the head.  However, that being said, I
don't think there's any difference between 9.5:1 with a thinner head or
9.5:1 with a thinner block.  Am I incorrect guys?

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6