RE: RE: Does 0.120" really get 9.5:1 compression?

To: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: RE: Does 0.120" really get 9.5:1 compression?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:10:02 -0800
        Greg:

        Kastner's manual does mention this, although he does not explain why.
He states emphatically that any engine being prepared for competition should be
decked to 0
deck height. That is about all he says about it. Without an explanation, one
would
be inclined to ignore it as being of no consequence. I am certain that in the
grand
scheme of things, it is only a couple of extra horsepower. But as we all know,
winning is the sum of many tiny details.

        Vance