RE: Pertronix Ignitor ignition

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Pertronix Ignitor ignition
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:52:39 -0500
I have no desire to get into a disagreement with Kai on this one, as it
appears that he has much more experience than I on the Pertronix
ignition, but my personal experience is that the Pertronix unit in my
car has been one of complete satisfaction. I installed my Pertronix unit
several years ago at the urging of some of my hot rod buddies who had
positive experiences in their cars. My idle is smoother and I've had no
missing at mid-range or high rpm's.
I installed a Pertronix unit in my stepfather's '69 SS396 (talk about a
bear installation) with excellent results. Starts better, idles smoothly
and doesn't break up at high rpm's.
The current Lucas point sets available out there are of poor quality (in
my opinion) and I've had problems getting them set properly. So, I think
the Pertronix ignition system is an excellent alternative to the
available points ignitions available.
I do carry a points set-up in my glove box though, "just in case".

My .$002,

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO