Re: Pertronix Ignitor ignition

To: ms6453@optonline.net, jdavis344@bellsouth.net, rsh17@msn.com
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor ignition
From: Jay Welch <jay_welch@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:30:23 GMT
Hello All,

I received a response from David Friedlander and Jim (Ebers??) that I
transposed the cap and rotor numbers.  The correct numbers are as follows.
I've updated my TR6 Shop Reference document to reflect the correct numbers.
http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/technical.html#Triumph

       Points - Standard Blue Streak  part# LU1617XP
       Condenser - Wells part# LU506
       Distributor cap - Beck/Arnley part# 174-0224
       Rotor - Sorensen part# 23-5001
       Plugs - NGK BPR6ES

Thanks for the feedback,
Jay Welch
Abington, MA
TR6s
Member Cape Cod British Car Club CCBCC http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/

-- "Jay Welch" <jay_welch@juno.com> wrote:
I use the following ignition parts....all available within a day from the
Advance Auto Parts chain.  No point or condenser failures or cracked rotors or
caps.

       Points - Standard Blue Streak  part# LU1617XP
       Condenser - Wells part# LU506
       Rotor - Beck/Arnley part# 174-0224
       Distributor cap - Sorensen part# 23-5001
       Plugs - NGK BPR6ES