Re: Pertronix Ignitor ignition

To: ms6453@optonline.net
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor ignition
From: Jay Welch <jay_welch@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:08:45 GMT
Mitch and All,

I agree with your impression of the Blue Streak line.  I've run the same points
in my TR6 for the past three driving seasons without adjusting.  I did check
the dwell recently and it was still right on the nose.  I also use a battery
switch so the points have never been burned by leaving the ignition switch in
the ON position by accident.

I always remove the distributor and place it in a cushioned vice to install the
points et all.  Makes it much easier for me to more accurately adjust the gap
and get the wires on the post without shorting to ground....started doing this
when I was driving slant sixes.  The slant six dizzy is located in a similar
area but much harder to see.

I use the following ignition parts....all available within a day from the
Advance Auto Parts chain.  No point or condenser failures or cracked rotors or
caps.

       Points - Standard Blue Streak  part# LU1617XP
       Condenser - Wells part# LU506
       Rotor - Beck/Arnley part# 174-0224
       Distributor cap - Sorensen part# 23-5001
       Plugs - NGK BPR6ES

Good luck,
Jay Welch
Abington, MA
TR6s
Member Cape Cod British Car Club CCBCC http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/

-- Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net> wrote:
Hi all,

On the subject of quality breaker points, I have used Standard motor
products "Blue Streak" ignition parts for years & can say they are top
quality.