Re: Wheel bearing racers

To: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Wheel bearing racers
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:11:22 -0400
Great timing Al... I am doing the same thing tonight.

One additional question. I have bead blasted and painted all my
suspension pieces. Before blasting and painting, I removed all the
grease that was inside the hub. Every hub I have had apart (less than 4)
was always packed with grease. Why? I assume I will need to repack the
hub with grease along with packing the bearings, but what is the point
of all that grease inside the hub, and how much is enough?

Thanks,

Don Malling