Re: [6pack] Under carpet treatment

To: "'Hunter, Darcy'" <Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Under carpet treatment
From: "Joseph Grant" <grant@bowtie6.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:28:09 -0400
>> Keep in mind, the product is not flexible so bends and contours needed
>> to be addressed by inserting pieces, cutting out pieces or small folds in
the
>> skin.

I disagree.  DynamatExtreme is quite pliable.  If you use it 'cold' it might
be a little hard to bend, but if you let it warm a tad in the sun it will be
very pliable.  I used DynamatExtreme quite extensively on my TR6 and highly
recommend it.  There are several places where I did 90 degree bends with no
problems.  I also found it molds itself quite nicely to contours.  I ended
up using two Bulk Pack boxes on the body alone.

Click on the link below.  This link is to a gallery in my website where
there is plenty of info about all this.
http://www.bowtie6.com/tr6_pics/carpet/gallery1/index.html

Also:  the wallpaper roller is not bad, but to do this 'right' you need to
get the DynamatRoller.  I did not believe it until I used the proper roller.
The difference is that the DynamatRoller is made of rubber and is much wider
than the one used for wallpaper.  It makes a big difference when squeezing
the material down.

Finally, when I restored my factory hard top I lined the entire inside of
the top with DynamatExtreme (used several sheets from a new BulkPack).  BIG
difference.  There is no rattling and it gives the top a different 'feel'.
Granted, it made the top heavier, but that is all good:  the more solid feel
is worth it.

Joe

PS:  Why the need for "jute"?  When it gets wet it stinks.