Re: [6pack] Under carpet treatment

To: "'Stephen Lindquist'" <lindquistse@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] Under carpet treatment
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:00:59 -0400
I did my whole car (floors, doors, tranny tunnel, rear deck, rear deck
panel, trunk & gas tank) two years with FatMat. My objective was to cool and
quiet (especially the doors) the car at a reasonable price. And it worked
great! A very noticeable difference. I also bought some carpet underlayment
from Lowes which is fairly thick and quite dense. If you do your tranny
tunnel be prepared for a wrestling match with the dash support. The FatMat
and underlayment were just thick enough to make it very "interesting"
getting the dash support back in place.

You can see my work here: http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/FatMat.htm and here
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/5SpeedInterior.htm

Bob Danielson