Re: Headliner installation

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headliner installation
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:02:21 EST
I talked to Rick at SS today about the headliner deal.
He said the headliner is made of a special material that will shrink a
little.  But here is the key:  You must use hot steam.  He said the dry heat
may damage the material.  He said he used to work in a car factory (Ford?)
and they used hot steam 212 degrees to shrink all the headliners.  He said an
upholstery shop may have the right kind of steam gun to do this.  I'm going
to check around.  Meanwhile, I am going to install my son's and not worry
about the small wrinkles.
I really think the dry heat will work but one would need to be really
carefull.  I think I my take mine to my Powder Coaters and have him put it in
his large over at 212 and then remove it when at temp.  Sound like a plan?

Paul
Colorado