Re: [Was now what to do with it.]

To: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Subject: Re: [Was now what to do with it.]
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 09:46:49 +1100
Jan Eyerman wrote:

> I am glad to hear that some very capable people have been able to take a
> Hillman Husky chassis and a hotted up Hillman Minx engine and beat the tar out
> of real sports cars (MG, Triumph, etc).

Jan,

No offence, but you're not suggesting the Alpine is not a 'real' sports car are
you?  Let's not forget the original MG was a hotted up Bullnose Morris, and
MGA's
and B's used the same basic engine as the Morris Oxford sedan.  Triumphs of all
TR
series used engines from sedans as well, and you'll find all sorts of Ford bits
(including engine) in a Lotus.

A sports car is a sports car not from what you put into it, but from what you
get
out of it.

Cheers

Vic