Re: [Was now what to do with it.]

To: "Victor Hughes" <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>,
Subject: Re: [Was now what to do with it.]
From: "Barbara Blue" <the_blues@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:14:52 -0500
Vic, I have always heard the TR engines were hotted up David Brown tractor
engines.  Is that true, or were the tractor engines detuned car engines?
These things really are not important, other than to realize that a good
engine is a good engine is a good engine.  They can play any role with
proper modification.  Hence, the heritage of any car is unimportant!  In the
Alpine List, someone put down the Ford 2.3 by stating it was designed as a
truck engine.  I don't think that is true, but if it is, it doesn't matter.
The finished product is all that matters, which is in pretty good agreement
with your closing statement.  Personally, I like the TR's and think that
Rootes ended up with something that was way beyond its time and price.
By the way, has anyone ever made a REAL SPORTS CAR that a working stiff
could ever dream of buying new?  By REAL SPORTS CAR, I mean one that shares
no parts with a more pedestrian vehicle, be it sedan, truck or rickshaw.

Bill