Re: '99 classification ringers?

To: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: '99 classification ringers?
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 01:07:16 -0800
Jay Mitchell wrote:
> Craig Blome wrote:
> >Just to seed discussion, here are my "car to
> > watch" nominees:
> >
> > AS  Porsche Boxster
>
> R.L., you out there? What was your take on the Boxster as an autox car?
> I heard a story about your car from Lee Goodson, but I won't repeat it
> since I never confirmed it.

How quickly they forget.

I drove Dad's '97 Boxster in two National Tours, '97 Devens and '98 San
Diego.
Got my butt kicked at Devens by Andy Bettencourt, but ran heads-up with
that '98 National Champion guy (BTW, Matt, did I ever officially say
"Congratulations?".  Won San Diego by a pretty good margin (over my
co-driver, Michael Butler, that other national champion guy).  The car
was never set up, never did anything but bolt race tires on.

It's a good autocross car with definite AS potential.  But it's tough to
launch well, so I'd avoid it for Pro Solo.

For '99 though, I'd pick a BMW Z3 2.8 Coupe.

Josh