Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:26:39 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Linnhoff

>So the 18" tires only come in "road race" compounds.  That's not the SCACs
>problem.  It's yours.  You chose your car and nobody is forcing you to
drive
>that particular car.  You could always drive a car that has 16" or 17"
>wheels.

   Uhuh, I wonder how this deal would go if it was the hot new miata for
miata stock instead of Corvettes and Porsches ;-)

>And in your case I don't buy the 12" to 13" wheel allowance as a precident
>either.  There just aren't any R tires (never mind just plain old decent
>street tires) made for 12" wheels so they were allowed to switch to 13"
>wheels to allow them the use of more commonly available tire sizes.  There
>are already R tires in 18" fitments and plenty of good street tires

   Sooooooo  junior, who's side are you on? Except for the fact that you are
sating incorrect data about 18" rubber it sounds like you are on my side ;-)
It is exactly the same thing and has been for 3 years! There are not enough
choices for someone to be competitive with 18" rubber and that was the
reason for the 12"13" rule, same same. The SCAC listened to the tire guys
empty promises 2 years ago and we still have no A/X rubber, Period! Nothing
has change except that one tire company made a couple road race sizes and
nooone makes the correct sizes and likel;y will not. If you think that a
buncha cone mashers are goin to dictate what tire companys do you certainly
have a higher opinion of yerself than I do ;-)

sbw