Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:54:37 -0600
SBW said:

<quoting somebody else>

>>Wasn't it you who told me a while back that "Every vehicle has
its
>>achilles heel."....?
>
>   And I would agree with that except that I don't know how to
spell that
>word ;-) Yes it was and I see this as different because the
items you talk
>about are maintanence or reliability issues that don't keep you
from being
>competitive. Now if you have to run on street tires that would
pretty much
>render you uncompetitive, don't you agree?

That's gotta be the alltime most self-serving twist of meaning
Scotty's ever done, and he's gotta go some to top his previous
achievements in this regard.  ;<)

Now, lemme get this straight:

1. It's NOT OK to have car-specific allowances to address
structural weak points, engine lubrication, etc. because "that's
the way they came" and "you can still be competitive" even
without fixing those things.

2. It IS OK to have car-specific allowances for reasons of tire
availability, even though it's been very well established that
you CAN currently buy 18" competiton DOT rubber, albeit maybe not
in Scotty's favorite flavor. Because you "can't be competitive"
unless this allowance is made. Bwa-ha-ha-ha. Good one, SBW.

You wanna show me where in the rulebook it says you're entitled
to be "competitive" in a given choice of car?

Jay

P.S. Advice for writing the SEB: it's probably NOT gonna impress
them much if you tell 'em they've got their heads in the sand. My
theory is that you're less likely to get what you want from
somebody if you piss 'em off before you even finish askin'. It's
just a theory, though.