Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:38:41 -0600
>   Uhuh, I wonder how this deal would go if it was the hot new miata for
>miata stock instead of Corvettes and Porsches ;-)

---------------------
That's a GOOD question.  Hmm.............

>   Sooooooo  junior, who's side are you on? Except for the fact that you
are
>sating incorrect data about 18" rubber it sounds like you are on my side
;-)
>It is exactly the same thing and has been for 3 years! There are not enough
>choices for someone to be competitive with 18" rubber and that was the
>reason for the 12"13" rule, same same. The SCAC listened to the tire guys
>empty promises 2 years ago and we still have no A/X rubber, Period! Nothing
>has change except that one tire company made a couple road race sizes and
>nooone makes the correct sizes and likel;y will not. If you think that a
>buncha cone mashers are goin to dictate what tire companys do you certainly
>have a higher opinion of yerself than I do ;-)
>
>sbw
------------------------
I can empathize but I'd have to vote against a one-off allowance since there
are currently available R tires in 18" sizes such as Hoosiers' R3S03 tires
in 245/35-18, 275/35-18 and 335/30-18 sizes.  They may not be the preferred
compound but they are supposedly currently available.  It is too bad however
that BFG continues to say "next week" with regards to the actual shipping
date of the G-Forces in the 18" sizes or even the much more anticipated
225/50-14 size that Miata and Neon drivers everywhere are desperately
awaiting.

But then what do I know since I'm just a darned ol' Neon driver with a high
opinion of myself.  Hey, someone's gotta have a good opinion of me and it
might as well be, me!  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13