Re: Traction control and ABS in S/P

To: "Ian McCloghrie" <ian@codrus.com>
Subject: Re: Traction control and ABS in S/P
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:24:34 -0400
>All ABS systems are not created equal.  I know that the system Chevy
>puts in the Corvette is a lot better than the one they put in the
>Cavalier, for example.

Precisely my point.  A Vette pilot, or you in your old Probe, may wish to
leave ABS on, whereas the Cavalier driver may want to shut it off if they
can do better themselves, like my friend in his Jetta.  There is certainly a
good reason to turn off ABS in some cars.  In others it makes sense to leave
it on.  I'm certainly not trying to suggest that ABS sucks. :)  That's why I
suggest to try it both ways and use whatever works best for you.

    - Justin