Re: hypothetical ?

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: hypothetical ?
From: "Robert M. Pickrell Jr." <brnrubr@midusa.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 12:47:00 -0500
This again depends some what on the event. The larger the event sometimes
creates problems with communicating to the entrant. As far as the rule goes:
Everything announced and posted is "Un-offical" and it is up to the entrant
and or friends to figure this out.

Yes almost everybody I know tries to let people know when they have DNF'd
and be user friendly. However, this is not required and there is no recourse
for someone in the situation you described.

As far as help from workers, well that is not their job and they have their
hands full if they are giving their job its due. Again, most course workers
will attempt to let timing know if the same person is DNF'ing in the same
spot each time. Again as they event gets bigger this is harder to
accomplish.

Rob