Re: hypothetical ?

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hypothetical ?
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 16:35:44 -0500

Eric Linnhoff wrote:

> Say I was at a Divisional event and through some bonehead stunt managed
> to DNF all of the day's runs.  Let's say I kept DNFing at the exact same
> spot on the course each time BUT, nobody told me as I came off the
> course or in the grid area while waiting for my next run.

If I had anything to do with T&S at this hypothetical event, I'd have
had someone track you down and tell you about it after the 2nd time.
You are correct, allowing a driver to DNF 4 runs without at least making
sure they know about it isn't "friendly".

> After I pass the finish lights I come to a stop in the shut-down lane
> and read the chalk board that has my time hand written on it by a worker
> after each run.  There's no mention of the DNF over the P.A. system or
> on the chalk board with my raw time so I assume that I navigated the
> course correctly and that I saw a valid time for my run.

Sounds like a communication problem.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://www2.southwind.net/~lsw
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca