Re: Left foot braking

To: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>, "Engstrom" <engstrom@onramp.net>,
Subject: Re: Left foot braking
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:18:06 -0400
>My car (86 Mustang SVO 2.3TII presently configured for ESP) is set up from
>the factory for so-called "heel and toe" (actually the respective edges of
>the right foot on both brake and gas pedals).  For some reason my grey
>matter has no trouble at all with this.  I've been doing it for so long, I
>guess, on the street with a variety of cars that were either set up for it,
>or I set up myself for it.

That's another good point - heel and toe lets you do both at once.  Though
on most cars you probably have to really contort your foot in strange ways
for smooth transitions.  And what about courses where you start in first,
quickly pop it into second, and leave it there the rest of the run?  Perhaps
YMMV car to car, driver to driver, and course to course as well.

     - Justin