Re: "ZX2 S/R"...anybody seen one?

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Re: "ZX2 S/R"...anybody seen one?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 05:47:52 -0700 (PDT)

--- Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com wrote:

> That being said, I would be REALLY REALLY REALLY
> surprised if a car like
> this made it into stock.  100 units is simply not
> enough to even be
> considered IMHO.

If it were a _model_, true...but according to the mfr
it is an option package (code 67R fwiw).  No different
in that respect than M030 Porsches or 1LE Camaros, and
I haven't seen any scramble to boot them.  Ford is
holding out the possibility of producing more if the
initial run is successful.

> Keep in mind that if you think you have found a
> class killing car, you take
> a chance at wasting A LOT of money.

Good point.  OTOH, honestly I don't think it's a good
idea to start a thread on "oh, it'll get booted for
sure".  Rumors take on a life of their own, and I
would truly hate to see someone who buys such a car
and wants to autocross it discouraged because they
heard that their car isn't legal for Stock, even
though it might be until the SCAC has enough evidence
to reclass it.  (Though the typical buyer might be
more in the Street Touring target audience anyway...)

Maybe someone in the San Diego area can wangle a test
drive?  Say, on Sunday somewhere near Qualcomm
Stadium?  :)

Craig B.