Re: Kumho wear patterns, 225/50-15 on 6" rim

To: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kumho wear patterns, 225/50-15 on 6" rim
From: whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:22:26 -0700
I'm using 245/45's on a 6.5" wheel, and with around 45psi, they were almost
completely even.  This is on a heavy car, so I'm surprised with your wear.
What air pressures do you run?  my guess would be mid 30's or so, maybe 40
would be optimum.

Now a little toe out in front (1/2 turn on each tie rod) will help even out
the inside wear maybe, plus reduce power on understeer.

The tires do seem to get a rough texture to them, but hold up well, mine
are down to the wear bars,and no other visible tread (just the
circumferential grooves) after 60+ runs.

You may be able to get better wear distribution with a lower pressure (more
footprint on the ground).

Hope that helps
Stan