Re: "ZX2 S/R"...trunk kits anyone?

To: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Subject: Re: "ZX2 S/R"...trunk kits anyone?
From: Ian McCloghrie <ian@codrus.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 14:27:44 -0700
On Jun 8, 1999 "Justin Hughes" wrote:
> partial toward the Fords, but I'm no dummy about the performance.  A Neon
> R/T will smoke a ZX-2 any day for sure in acceleration and handling, and
> probably braking as well.  The S/R could probably give it a good fight, but

I'll give you handling, and maybe braking (although the figures I've
seen show 140-150 ft 60-0 distance for both zx2 and Neon), but as far
as acceleration goes I think the zx2 has it.  A friend of mine has one
(well, had, it just got rear-ended), and they're pretty zippy.  Body
roll is atrocious and they sit too high, but they're not bad for
$13-14K.

One downside is that the resale value on those zx2s drops like a
stone.  According to kbb.com, his lost over 30% of its' value in the
year he's owned it.

--Ian
'99 Miata LP