Re: Turbo guys get screwed again.

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>, "autocross" <AUTOX@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turbo guys get screwed again.
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:11:00 -0500
Eric Linnhoff wrote:

<snip>

>1.  The previously published proposal to rescind the exhaust
system
>allowances of 14.10.H with regard to turbocharged cars is being
>withdrawn.

That's a no-brainer. There's gotta be something available over
Stock allowances in SP, even for those Evil Turbos.  ;<)

>2.  Effective 1/1/2000, add to 14.10.C: "Turbocharger and
supercharger
>systems may only be updated/backdated with the accompanying
engine
>unit."

This only leads to new gray areas. Can the alone be u/b without
the turbo/supercharger? The new wording doesn't preclude this,
but I'll bet they meant to.

As the new wording stands, a scenario I proposed in an earlier SP
turbo thread is still apparently legal: Buy the car that has the
turbo you want, then update/backdate the engine, body,
suspension, interior, etc., etc., to get the desired combination
of stuff. You haven't u/b the turbo then, have you?

Jay "don't understand what they're so scared of" Mitchell