Re: Turbo guys get screwed again.

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turbo guys get screwed again.
From: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:57:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, David Green wrote:

> > Power isn't so much the issue until you bring in the fact that ESP DSMs
> > are ALL WHEEL DRIVE, and they have an INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION to boot.
> > Now all of a sudden you can put down all that power without a problem.
> > You can't do that in an f-body because of the solid axle.  >
>
> Well, go buy a new '99 Cobra then.  It has IRS.  It's in ESP.

Yeah, and now we're talking about a 3400# slug with 20-30 hp less than an
LS1 and still isn't AWD.  Plus, we all know the Mustang's front suspension
is its biggest handling shortcoming.  Who was it (Kenny Brown maybe?) that
said Ford should have skipped the IRS on the Cobra and instead designed a
SLA (Short/Long Arm) front suspenion instead?

Rob