Re: Turbo guys get screwed again.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turbo guys get screwed again.
From: Karl Witt <kwitt@shore.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:17:51 -0400
On or about 06:20 PM 6/15/99 -0400, Fedja Jeleskovic did say:

>>Let's not forget the 10lbs of boost creep they get from it when combined
>>with all the exhaust mods...from 14# to 24...not too shabby in my book, and
>>all but unmentioned when this was all discussed and we were "edumuhcated"
>>by DG here....wonder why that was?
>
>24 psi of boost!!! Great number Karl. Slightly incorrect. As I remember, I
told
>you that my car was creeping up to 22-23 psi in a fourth gear around 110 mph
>(could not try the fifth gear yet). That is way ahead of the speed that those
>little DSMs make at the autoX course. In the second gear (where we spend
>most of
>the time on the course), that same car can creep up to the 18-19 psi. And even
>with 22-23 psi 14B equipped DSM will have about 80-100 HP less than your car.

Fedja,

I stand corrected, I missed that those boost numbers were at the top of
fourth. My bad. Ok, your short 80HP to me at the OUTER limit...but, your
short times at the track and at the autox are about .4 faster that's an
advantage. Period. You keep talking about how much faster I am than you at
the drag strip, but that's irrelivant. I bet your 1/8th mile times are
still faster than mine, and I out run you on the top end. Guess what folks,
we don't get to do any top end in autox. so where is all this space I have
to use those gobs of power to make up that AWD 0 lag launches? :)

Lets not try to make it sound like the DSM in it's current state is some
sort of underdog.

Karl