Re: Is ballast legal in stock?

To: Karl Witt <kwitt@shore.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is ballast legal in stock?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:08:02 -0700 (PDT)
--- Karl Witt <kwitt@shore.net> wrote:

> Uh...last i checked, the choices were solid, liquid
> and GAS, not just solid
> or liquid =)

Another one walks into my trap... ;)  the word used
was "fluid", which physically speaking is either a
liquid or gas.  This semantic silliness is just meant
to point out that the rule book needs exact language.
If someone were to write down "any fluids are
permitted", then I could legally fill my spare tire
with mercury.  (well, SCCA legal, the EPA might
object...)

Ridiculous example, yes, but other less ridiculous
ones exist.

> Say, i have an idea...my K tires weigh a ton, so
> maybe some of Scotty's
> K-air could be used for ballast in spare!
> Hmmm...Might need some
> competition in the market to keep prices
> reasonable...H&C...got any
> products that might fit this bill? =)

Now *that's* an idea...how 'bout a Huck&Chuck Spare
Tire Air Refrigerator...liquid air for your spare
tire!  SCCA Legal!  C&C! (cold & clammy?)  :)

Craig B., enjoying this debate going nuclear