Re: Is ballast legal in stock?

To: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Is ballast legal in stock?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:33:57 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com> wrote:
> Craig Blome wrote:
>
> >Slopping 50# of paint on the car to change weight
> >distribution qualifies as 'affecting handling'...
>
> So does installing a 200 lb. power amplifier just
> behind the rear
> seat, but that is allowed.

I argue you could make a case that it isn't by the
current letter of the law.  It says "affecting
performance or handling", nothing about which way...

> if you managed to do that, I'll bet that most of
> your competitors
> wouldn't mind that you had gone to all that trouble
> to make your
> car slower.

They'd probably mind if there was contingency money
involved...not that I think it's ever gonna happen,
but this is team.net, not reality!  ;)

Craig B.