Re: Is ballast legal in stock?

To: kwitt@shore.net
Subject: Re: Is ballast legal in stock?
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:06:52 CDT
Karl Witt wrote:

> Say, i have an idea...my K tires weigh a ton, so maybe some of Scotty's
> K-air could be used for ballast in spare! Hmmm...Might need some
> competition in the market to keep prices reasonable...H&C...got any
> products that might fit this bill? =)

Scotty's K-air is good for reducing unsprung weight, but as ballast, no -
its less dense, due to its temperature.  (Just kidding!)

Try Xenon, at 4.8 times the density of air, you'd be stylin'.  Denser than
some solids.  Radon is even heavier, but ya wouldn't wanna git any on ya.
Just the thing for those nosy protest committees!  (JUST KIDDING!)
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                         Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                              ITDS - TRIS