Urgent! Will McKamey eat my tires?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Urgent! Will McKamey eat my tires?
From: "Steven N. Burkett" <sburkett@ooi.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:38:19 -0500 (CDT)
Sorry for all the questions lately, but my first National Tour event has a
me a bit flummoxed.  Thanks to everyone who has answered my other dumb
questions.  Now for one more...

I'm preregistered for McKamey at Evansville, and need to send my check
today.  But a horrifying thought occured to me!  I'm driving my "race car"
the three hours to Evansville, then planning to run 40+ runs at McKamey,
followed by the actual event.

I have to do all this on my street tires (Firestone Firehawk 225/50ZR16,
fairly new - <10,000 street miles, 6 autocross heats)

Will I be able to get home on them?  Or will I cord them halfway through
the weekend.  Am I thinking too much?

And yeah, I will be buying racing tires next year, but I couldn't really
justify it for my first year autocrossing...

Thanks, thanks, thanks!
Steven