RE: C&C mods in stock...

Subject: RE: C&C mods in stock...
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:53:04 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Bill Fuhrmann wrote:
> > Write the freaking exclusions on a per car basis, revisit each year based
> > on member comment, and be done with it.
>
> Can we assume that you will quit your job and volunteer your time to do this
> for every car that exists for every item people want an exclusion on?

Sure I'd be happy to.  I'll even give you the list I'd propose for member
comment for 2000.

Neons can replace their front motor mount with any non-metal bushing mount
that mounts to the factory location (i.e. Mopar Performance, Rexified
mounts, etc.)

Porches affected by weak cam chain tensioners may replace them with the
(factory approved option).

Any hose or vacumn line may be secured using non-factory clamps where
factory clamps don't exist (this would be better in the general sections,
but could apply only to RX7tt's if necessary).

Mustang and Camerobirds of the follow years may add any of the
following subframe connectors (insert list of 3 or 4 approved manus).

C5 corvettes may use 17" rims of the same width and offste.  (This
rule to be recinded if and when at least 2 of the most popular DOT Racing
tire manufacturers make 18" racing tires).

This is just to give you an idea.  The goal is to pick known weak spots
that are preventing competitors from participating and/or are
needlessly costing competitors lost of money or hassle, whose
rectification wouldn't dramatically change the performance of the car in
question or the balance of the class in question.  Be conservative,
certainly for the first few years.

I'd be happy to voluteer to help with this, but every time I've brought
it up, people have basically told me to shut up, I'm too new at this to
know anything.

Mark