Re: C&C mods in stock...

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: C&C mods in stock...
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:36:32 -0700
Mark Sirota wrote:

> "Mark J. Andy" wrote:
> > Seems strange to me that we can write rules that effectively prohibit
> > turbo swaps on one model of car but we can't write rules that allow
> > competitors in OUR GRASSROOTS SPORT FOR THE AVERAGE SCHMOE to PREVENT
> > DAMAGE TO THEIR CAR.
>
> I continue to be befuddled about why there's such an uproar about this
> stuff.  Those people driving cars like this have a solution -- get
> together and get the manufacturer to issue a TSB authorizing the
> modification.
>
> If subframe connectors are so commonplace on Mustangs and Camarobirds,
> start a letter writing campaign in those circles, and write to the
> manufacturer, not to the SEB.
>
> If there are such reliability problems, then it's a manufacturer
> problem, not an SCCA problem.  Complain to the right people!

Mark,

        It's a great idea, and I certainly believe it has merit. However, the
manufacturer may have other reasons behind not issuing a TSB. Issuing a
TSB on their product might imply a weakness in their product that they
are not publicly willing to admit.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/