Re: C&C mods in stock...

To: "James B Howell" <jbho@juno.com>, <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: Re: C&C mods in stock...
From: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:42:45 -0700
Just a quick question on the Neon motor mount topic, since I don't know the
answer.  Do people that drive the car in a "normal" environment have a
problem with their motor mounts breaking, or is this exclusive to people
that compete in their cars?

The reason I ask is that some of these items that we are talking about,
specifically the Porsche chain tensioners have problems regardless of how
the car is treated.  If most people, even those that don't compete in their
cars replace in this case chain tensioners because of a specific
non-competitive reason (ie: not having to spend thousands to rebuild their
engine after one of the stock tensioners fails) then that is totally
different from people competing in their Neons having a problem with motor
mounts.

That said, I'm all for allowing certain fixes to cars if they are
non-competitive enhancements to fix a shortcoming to the car.  I of course
do own a 911 and am somewhat biased, but that's beside the point.

Ron Bauer
'98 Acura Integra Type R