Re: ST @ Nationals

To: LARRY97ACR@aol.com
Subject: Re: ST @ Nationals
From: James B Howell <jbho@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 15:25:01 -0400
Larry wrote:
>> Why should I have to run in CSP if all I have done is change my Front
Motor Mount because the factory one is too soft.<<

Ummm...I don't think anything other than factory motor and transmission
mounts are legal in SP. The only thing I could find in the SIIR was

"14.10 Engine and Drive Train
...I.  One bolt-on torque suppression device may be used. A torque
suppression device attaches from the engine to the body, frame, or
subframe in one location, and controls engine movement at that location
along a single axis only. It may serve no other purpose.

Examples of permitted devices:

1) a chain
2) a rod with spherical bearings at each end.

Examples of devices not permitted:
1) one or more solid motor mounts
2) any link which confines movement in more than one direction
3) an engine mounting plate, or one or more plates rigidly bolted between
the engine and the frame.

Holes may be drilled to mount a torque suppression device. This does not
allow motor mount changes other than those which are update/backdates of
factory components."

So you can supplement the facotry mounts with a legal torque-suppression
device, but otherwise only the suspension bushings can be replaced.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Brett