Re: Turbo Update/Backdate - A Solution

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: Turbo Update/Backdate - A Solution
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:50:28 -0400
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> - Turbocharger units may not ported, clipped, or otherwise modified
>   from stock.
>
> - Turbochargers may be updated/backdated, provided that the donor and
>   target engines were both turbocharged and of similar displacement
>   and cylinder count/layout.

Well, if it needs to be in there, it probably needs to be more like your
original -- this is too vague.  I was simply questioning whether it
needs to be there at all.  "exactly the same displacement" seems too
strict; perhaps we could just stick with the same number of cylinders.

> - Twin turbocharger units and their associated control hardware (for
> twin-sequential types) must be updated/backdated as a complete unit;
> Individual turbochargers may not be separated out, nor may single
> turbochargers be combined to provide a twin turbocharger
> configuration.

All fine, but change "twin" to "multiple".  I don't know of any now,
but who'd have thought we'd have five valves per cylinder?  Someone
could certainly come up with a triple-turbo system from the factory...

Mark