Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>, "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:47:29 -0400
Ohh boy, time to disagree with Paul Foster. :^)

Daddio and Leverone.

Leverone, in the early nineties, starts AX'ing at New England Region
events. Smokes just about everything insight with a well aged 280ZX. I
remember he beat a few of my A (then B) Stock times in the MR2.
-( Fast forward a year or two later and rolls said ZX at a AX held
within the confines of a oval track (w/cement walls). In the next
issue of the local sanctioning body's newsletter, he apologizes for
stopping the event due to the roll. This is the "Nice Guy" department,
too. These days, if I beat Nick in raw time, I consider it a "Good
Day".

Daddio. (and Ames, too).
Was fast from the word go. I think he may have started with my local
club (Fairfield County Sports Car Club -- http://www.fcscc.com ). Was
fast then as now. Rookie of the Year in the late eighties at
Nationals.

Most of us have to work real hard to be fast. The above are just a few
who are naturally fast. The stinger is when they prep a car well. I
hope that Mssrs. Daddio/Leverone/Ames, etc. have no desires to enter
the A Stock fray. :^)

Matt Murray

mailto:mattm@optonline.net
mailto:mdmurray@gwns.com