Re: SW Divisional #3 in Mineral Wells

To: "Tommy Regan" <tommy_regan@yahoo.com>, "Team. Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SW Divisional #3 in Mineral Wells
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:01:01 -0500
Tommy Regan wrote:

>I've been watching the list and haven't seen anyone mention the
SW Div.
>#3 (Conemelt '99) from this past weekend in Mineral Well, TX.
Well, I
>just want to give credit where credit is due to the people in
the Texas
>Region that put on an awesome event.
>
>I'd especially like to recognize DonaLeigh Engstrom (SSL) and Su
Brude
>(SS) for doing a great job organizing the whole shabang!

Ditto. Equally impressive were John Engstrom's efforts. He had
spent Wednesday night in the hospital with food poisoning, and he
was by no means fully recovered on Friday. He said he was better
Saturday morning, but he still looked kinda green to me. Anyway,
not only did John run T&S practically singlehandedly, from
training the newcomers in the trailer to operating the computer,
he put together a set of runs that trophied him in SS. Not too
shabby.

>course which included three
>optional slaloms and the preferred method of taking each one was
>debatable.  Nothing was obvious.

I'll say. I almost got the hang on Saturday, but I apparently was
in the weeds, mentally speaking, on Sunday. It was a really fun
course, though, and it didn't particularly favor any type of car.

Jay