Re: was pick the winners, now PA state.

To: jslz3@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: was pick the winners, now PA state.
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:40:34 -0400
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 05:13:17 GMT "Jeff Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com> writes:
> next week we are having our PA state championship.. and the NE div.
> at the same event.. ok, that is cool and all.. but. I think the
divisional
> champion should come from our division. that is cool with most
compeditiors,

I think the NE Div Class Champions should be the fastest drivers who show
up at NE Div. . .

> also think our state champion should be from our state.

. . . and that the PA State Champs should be the fastest drivers who show
up for PA States.

>only because
> I am one of the faster BS drivers in the state of PA, and actually have
> shot at being the "state champ" but importing people from the WHOLE
region
> and giving the state champ title to someone from MANE, New york, new
> jersey, or yes even maryland, (Hi andy poling, reiging Pa BS champ) is
not
> right.

Your last example just illustrated beautifully why limiting PA state
competitions to just PA is a lousy idea.  (If you'll forgive me for using
you as an example, Andy...)  Yes, Andy's from Maryland.  He's also been
to more Harrisburg events this year than many Pennsylvanians.  Further,
the PA states are part of the Susquehanna Region series--a series that
includes events put on by FOUR different clubs, including Autocrossers,
Inc.  Guess where they are based?  (Not in Pennsylvania.)  So now you
want to tell folks who show up, run their best, pay their money, and even
help run the series that they can't compete to win in it?  Please.

If you don't like being beaten by a driver (or car) from outside of your
narrowly defined area, drive faster.  Better yet, travel outside of YOUR
region to get more seat time which will improve your driving and make you
more able to compete against anyone who shows up.  Look at PA states as a
chance to drive well and see how you stack up against local (and not so
local) hotshoes.

> normally it would not affect me but considering that the regional is
> the same event....... well?

Even YOUR example shows that it WOULD affect you.  Andy showed up for
States last year when it wasn't Divisionals.

mlc
'91 MR2
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.