Re: was pick the winners, now PA state.

Subject: Re: was pick the winners, now PA state.
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:25:13 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Kent Rafferty wrote:
> Makes sense to me.  The State Championship should be
> for residents.  I think its fine to allow drivers from other
> states to participate, but the state champions should be
> from PA.  Give the overall winner a trophy or whatever and
> the highest finishing pa resident the moniker of state champ
> for that class.

I don't necessarily disagree that the state champion would ideally be from
that state.  However, and not to bang on Kent in any way (since he's not
who I'm talking about), I've typically found folks that actively bitch
about crap like this to be whiny little f*cks that can't drive and can't
admit it. (Not that I have an opinion).

My take on state champs is that whoever shows up should win.  If you don't
like getting beat by someone from outta state, drive faster.

Heck.  I'm not from that region but I went to an event at Harrisburg last
weekend and did ok.  Should that not be allowed as well?  How about if we
all compete only in one region?  That'd sure be fun.

Having been all vitriolic (or whatever), I agree with Kent that if you
really want the state champ to be from PA, give out trophies like normal
but drop back down the order 'till you get to someone from PA and call
them the state champ.  Personally, I think it makes the title meaningless
and would be embarrased to call myself the state champ in that situation.
Perhaps we can call them "PA State Champ (who got his ass kicked by Andy
Polling anyway)"

MHO.

Mark