Re: was pick the winners, now PA state.

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was pick the winners, now PA state.
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:53:19 -0500

Kent Rafferty wrote:

> Makes sense to me.  The State Championship should be
> for residents.  I think its fine to allow drivers from other
> states to participate, but the state champions should be
> from PA.  Give the overall winner a trophy or whatever and
> the highest finishing pa resident the moniker of state champ
> for that class.

Depends on how the championship rules are written.

In the Wichita Region SCCA championship, you have to be a member of our
region to qualify for trophy points.

In the Midwest Division (Solotime) Championship, you have to be a member
of the Midwest Division to qualify for trophy points.

Local rules are MUCH easier to change than National ones... if you want
your local championship to always go to someone who IS "local", push to
have the rules written that way.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca