Re: Pick the winners?

To: <Hottvr@aol.com>, <randyc2@home.com>, <raft321@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Pick the winners?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:36:48 -0500
>What I wanted to say, and didn't was, Isn't this deal called the "Sports
Car
>Club of America"? Why should a driver of other than U.S. citizenship be
>allowed to compete? Cars have been disqualified for not being imported into
>the U.S.!

Well sure, in classes whose rules require cars to be built to the USA
specifications.  A Mod has no such requirement, nor ought it have, in my
opinion.

>And that was fine, then why can someone from another country come
>and compete in the U.S. Nationals?

Because he is a member of the SCCA.

>In a car that was fabricated outside the
>U.S.

You mean like my Lotus?

>and driven by none U.S. citizens!

Because US citizenship is not a requirement for membership.

>Just some food for thought.

Junk food for lightweight thought, I guess.

Unless this was supposed to be a joke, of course.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/