Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.

To: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Subject: Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.
From: Mark Shaw <autox@inficad.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:44:52 -0700
Josh Sirota wrote:
> There is absolutely no rule that allows this.  Patently illegal.

Check out Appendix B.  True, it is not for championship events
but clearly recommended for regional events (which is what we
were talking about).

> Would I be allowed to run an Audi Quattro on some rainy day in CM, and
> kick butt?  I'd be bumping to a "faster" class.

Not legal?  Let's see... there are a ton of ways to make a car
not legal in Stock but legal in SP.  Then if you remove one
seat you can bump yourself into Prepared.  Then remove one bumper,
BUT leave the mounting brackets and you get bumped to Modified.

Even if that combination doesn't work, I'm sure the ingenuous
folks out there can find other ways to move a car through the
categories by finding some obscure non-conformance (hell, some
people are really good at getting people OUT of their class
in this way...;-)

Mark