Re: Hi New to the List

To: SunRider@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Hi New to the List
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:26:04 -0400

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:47:57 -0400 SunRider <SunRider@worldnet.att.net>
writes:
> >> So are you by any chance related to the Andretti family? :)
> >> I can't see cooking tires that fast at least not on an
> >> auto-x course.

Our first set of Kumhos lasted two years.  Smooth, yes.  Fast, no.

This year, we have 6 BFG R1's (NOT g-Forces) that started in February
that will be retired right after divisionals in August; 4 Kumhos that
started life in June at that will be retired (I hope) right after their
last run at nationals; and 4 Kumhos that are brand new (for rains at
Nationals).  This year we've (i.e., I and my co-driver--a/k/a my husband)
run a National Tour, 3 ProSolos, 16 local events, and a McKamey school.
Mark Andy (who is also from PA) has kept a similar schedule.  He has
certainly used more tires than we have, but he's on the much more fragile
g-Force.

I guess what I am saying is that it certainly is possible to make a set
of R tires last a season, but driving well and driving a LOT would be a
tall order for any set of tires.

mlc
'91 MR2 NA